NC has a rich history of celebrating Christmas and using lots of lighting is a common thread. Some of the prominent ones that come to mind are:
- From November 30 to December 26, McAdenville a small town near Charlotte and Gastonia NC is completely lit up with Christmas lights. McAdenville is located between Charlotte and Gastonia just off interstate 85. Watch for the signs.
- Tanglewood Park Festival of Lights is an annual tradition and attracts many thousands of visitors. The festival runs November 10 through January 1 and admission is charged by vehicle type. The park is located in Clemmons NC, just west of Winston Salem on business 40.
- Biltmore Estate home is decorated like nothing else you will see in this country. The everyday dream castle furnishings are taken to another level with the incredible Christmas decorations. The Biltmore Estate is located near Asheville NC just off interstate 40.
- Tryon Palace in New Bern NC, located in the eastern part of NC, is lavishly decorated for Christmas including 500 candles that light the walkway.
- If you desire a real old fashioned Christmas, Old Salem is a restored village in Winston Salem. It reflects the architecture, clothing and certainly Christmas as celebrated in the mid 1700’s.